Fun with Legos on a Retro Table

Over at Fussy Monkey Business, Crystal had this cute little end table sitting in her attic for years.  One evening, while playing Legos with her son, she realized exactly what she needed to do with that table.

Fussy Monkey Business lego table before

The old table was sturdy but most of the finish was worn off.  Crystal used a jig saw to cut out most of the upper shelf.  She applied several coats of bright red spray paint.  She attached a Lego plate to the bottom half of the table with liquid nails, and inserted a basket for easy brick storage in the upper half, where she’d cut out an opening.  The result is a perfect end table for a playroom, creating storage and play space for Legos!

Fussy Monkey Business lego table after

Get all the details on this makeover at Fussy Monkey Business.

Comments

1. L Jones says:

This deserves to be pinned on Pinterest, but I can’t figure out how to Pinit there. Doggonit!

• Robin Rakes says:

On some sites (maybe all) if you hover on the upper right corner a Pinterest icon will pop up & you can click it to pin it. I also have a add to pinterest button on my toolbar.

2. Lady Delores LeBoeuf says:

Adorable idea……..love the red……..TFS

3. Nikki F. says:

normally I hate the idea of painting mid-century furniture and truly hate upcycled pieces, but this is really a win. There is something about this piece that just hits all the right buttons and goes right past my normal sense of Noooo.

• Beckie says:

Ha! I think it has something to do with the fact that this little table now has a definite purpose in life.

4. Trisha says:

I wish I had done this for my boys! They played with legos for hours. Neat idea!!

5. nessa says:

nice !! pint on my pinterest :) kiss from Paris France:)

6. Maryellen says:

Posted this on FB looking for a table and for all my yard sale friends to keep an eye out! Heck I will paint it a color to match my family room! Our daughter will play legos for hours. Great idea!

7. Keith says:

The plural for Lego is Lego, just saying!

• Beckie says:

Hah! I’ll keep that in mind. But until my kids start using “proper” Lego terminology, I’ll stick with LegoS.

8. Beckie, I saw this shared on Facebook (by “Your Everyday Cook”) and had to come over for a better look. Just adorable. I know several kids (and parents!) who would really enjoy this. I would love for you to share it at my party, Treasure Box Tuesday, going on right now! :D

Trackbacks