Reupholstered Wingback Chair

Loren from Pandora’s Craft Box and her husband gave an old Victorian style chair they found in a dumpster a brand spankin’ new look. You sure wouldn’t know it by the end product, but this was their first reupholstering job.

dumpster chair before

Loren takes you through the entire process of how she and the hubs stripped the chair down to the core and then made it their very own with all new materials. The total cost was just under $100, which isn’t too shabby for a nice chair. Hopefully, Loren’s success inspires you to try your hand at reupholstering some sad-looking chair in need of rescue.

reupholstered dumpster chair

Find the detailed tutorial at Pandora’s Craft Box.

Comments

1. Wow. Very impressive, Great job. I’m eyeing a $25 wingback chair on craigslist but haven’t convinced myself that I could reupholster it.

2. Laurie says:

Not only is this the first upholstry job, Loren is a newcomer to crafts.She has only been at this for two years now. She has been trying to find herself as a stay -at -home mom after growing up in NYC and working most of her adult life. She is an awesome mom and a terrific wife. I am so proud that she is my daughter-in-law.

3. Kirsten says:

Wow, I was just thinking that the two wing chairs in my basement were beyond saving. Definitely reconsidering…

4. Heather says:

Absolutely fabulous…can’t wait to visit your blog to read tutorial and try. Heather

5. Lucy says:

Beautiful job, the fabric is amazing!

6. Crystal says:

LOVE IT!

7. jacqueline says:

WOW what a beautiful chair!! Do you think I could do the same on a lazyboy rocker I have. I don’t want to sew I would rather staple like you did but I am nervous about taking it apart and ruining the chair. I was thinking if I added a lot of batting and foam to change the shape….. YIKES
    Jacqueline

8. I love that you do furniture and crafts and are so crafty! My furniture re-do’s are on hold while I’m pregnant, but maybe I should do some apholstry. I just can’t get enough of you! Thanks for these tips!

9. Kau says:

Thanks so much for posting this! I just put an offer on two chairs, exact replicas of the one you reupholstered in this tutorial post. I’m excited to work on my first reupholstering project, that is if the other party accepts my offer. Woo-hoo! Awesome job!